RULES OF EXHIBITION – HORTICULTURAL & HOMECRAFT SECTION
- Classes are open to all comers, except where otherwise stated.
- No competitor may have more than ONE entry in any class, and no exhibit may be entered in more than one class.
- All exhibits in the Flower and Vegetable Classes (but not in the Floral Art) must have been grown on land owned or cultivated by the competitor.
- All exhibits must be the work of the competitor, and must, except for wines, have been finished in the last 12 months. No uncooked fresh cream to be used in any cookery classes.
- In awarding prizes in the Handicraft Section, originality, suitability of materials, pattern and stitch are considered. For all Handicraft entries including Childrens Classes, exhibitors must indicate on the entry form whether this is an original design.
- The committee may refuse any entry, sub-divide any class, determine the class in which an exhibit may be judged and withhold any prize. In the Children’s Classes if more than 11 entries are received in a class, a fifth prize will be awarded.
- The Committee may appoint a member or members to inspect the gardens of competitors before the Show.
- The Judges may withhold or divide any prize; their decision shall be final.
- Protests or objections must be lodged, in writing, with the Horticultural Secretary before 2.00 p.m. on Show Day.
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPETITORS
ENTRY FEES: Adults 50p per entry Children under 16 years 10p per entry
All competitors under 16 years of age on Show Day entering in CHILDREN’S CLASSES must state their name and age in years and months on the outside of their sealed competition labels. Entries must be made out on the forms provided and must be forwarded, together with remittance for entry fees, to reach the Horticultural Secretary BEFORE July 30th. Entries cannot be accepted without remittance.
The Secretary will supply special Competition Labels to each competitor: these labels must be sealed by the competitor and FIRMLY ATTACHED TO EACH EXHIBIT according to the class number stated thereon.
Competitors must stage their exhibits in the tent BEFORE 10.00am on Show Day, when the tent will then be closed for judging.
The Committee will take the greatest care of all exhibits but it is a condition of entry that the Society will not be responsible for any loss or damage of same.
Any exhibits not collected by 5.00pm will be disposed of.
PRIZE MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT IN THE TENT AT 4.30PM